Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sharon Brendle Sharon Brendle is offline

Default Entering text within a column

I'm entering text within a table. I'd like to be able to change the tab
direction to move up and down rather than across. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You cannot change the tab direction. But you can use the Down Arrow key. If
you are at the end of one cell, pressing the Down Arrow key once will move to
the cell below.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Sharon Brendle" wrote:

I'm entering text within a table. I'd like to be able to change the tab
direction to move up and down rather than across. Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Sharon Brendle[_2_] Sharon Brendle[_2_] is offline

That's what I've been doing. The text is a combination of letters and
numbers, so it's a bit cumbersome with short fingers. It would be much
easier if it was just the number pad.
Thanks for your reply though.
Sharon