Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClayCPA ClayCPA is offline

Default How do I restore data files:

I orignially installed Office Enterprise 2007 on my systems drive D:

This is the boot drive as well.

A sector on this drive failed. The sector contained a driver which made the
system not boot.

I had a new hardrive installed with an address of C:, re-installed my
programs on the new drive C: and installed the old hard drive D: and gave it
an address of F:

The files appear to be good on the F: (the old drive D.

In simple terms, is it possible to restore my data, contacts, and files to
the new install of Office Enterprise 2007 on drivie C:

If so, what is the process and/or steps I should follow?
--
Thank you,

Clay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

'My data', I assume you mean your documents etc? Copy the contents of the My
Documents folder, the Favorites folder and assuming you have set up the PC
in exactly the same way with relation to user names, the *.PST file(s) from
the folder \Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook to the matching folder names on the new drive.

ClayCPA wrote:
I orignially installed Office Enterprise 2007 on my systems drive D:

This is the boot drive as well.

A sector on this drive failed. The sector contained a driver which
made the system not boot.

I had a new hardrive installed with an address of C:, re-installed my
programs on the new drive C: and installed the old hard drive D: and
gave it an address of F:

The files appear to be good on the F: (the old drive D.

In simple terms, is it possible to restore my data, contacts, and
files to the new install of Office Enterprise 2007 on drivie C:

If so, what is the process and/or steps I should follow?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ClayCPA ClayCPA is offline

Thank you for your input on my original question. However, there was another
issue that I still need help to resolve.

This issue concerns the names, addresses, etc. that I had entered and stored
in Word 2007 which now resides at F:[location=unknown]. This contact
information
is used during mailings and mailmerge to create letters, envelopes, etc.

I would like to transfer this information/data from F: to C:\Word 2007.

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions?
--
Thank you,

Clay

ClayCPA wrote:
I orignially installed Office Enterprise 2007 on my systems drive D:

This is the boot drive as well.

A sector on this drive failed. The sector contained a driver which
made the system not boot.

I had a new hardrive installed with an address of C:, re-installed my
programs on the new drive C: and installed the old hard drive D: and
gave it an address of F:

The files appear to be good on the F: (the old drive D.

In simple terms, is it possible to restore my data, contacts, and
files to the new install of Office Enterprise 2007 on drivie C:

If so, what is the process and/or steps I should follow?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Data files created by Word are by default stored in a sub folder of My
Documents called My Data Sources. If you have copied 'My Documents' as
suggested, this sub folder will also have been copied.