Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alex A Alex A is offline

Default page number repeats as a level in the TOC

I've searched the forums and I haven't found anything close to what I'm seeing.

I'm using Word 2003 and some of the tables became corrupt. I used the File
| Open and Repair option, which fixed the tables, but lost the formatting.
No big deal there. However, various headings are starting to do strange
things.

3.1.5 The Declaration of Independence............107
Shakespeare's Trilogy and Musings
about Leonado daVinci............................107
3.1.6 107
Supercalifragilisticexpealadocious.............108
3.1.7 108

It does not happen to all headings of the tables.

I've tried copying a table that was showing correctly in the TOC (3.1.5 for
example) without success.
I've tried Clear Formatting the heading and reselecting the style. That did
not work.
I tried creating a new table, and that worked, but I have 100+ tables that I
would need to fix.
I've tried monkeying around with the TOC codes, but I know enough about them
to be dangerous, and when I redo the TOC, the codes come back.

I'm baffled. Any suggestions/clues?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Alex,

This is simply an indication that you've got some empty paragraphs formatted in a heading style on the affected pages. delete those
paragraphs or change them to a non-heading style and the problem will go away when next you update the TOC.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Alex A" wrote in message ...
I've searched the forums and I haven't found anything close to what I'm seeing.

I'm using Word 2003 and some of the tables became corrupt. I used the File
| Open and Repair option, which fixed the tables, but lost the formatting.
No big deal there. However, various headings are starting to do strange
things.

3.1.5 The Declaration of Independence............107
Shakespeare's Trilogy and Musings
about Leonado daVinci............................107
3.1.6 107
Supercalifragilisticexpealadocious.............108
3.1.7 108

It does not happen to all headings of the tables.

I've tried copying a table that was showing correctly in the TOC (3.1.5 for
example) without success.
I've tried Clear Formatting the heading and reselecting the style. That did
not work.
I tried creating a new table, and that worked, but I have 100+ tables that I
would need to fix.
I've tried monkeying around with the TOC codes, but I know enough about them
to be dangerous, and when I redo the TOC, the codes come back.

I'm baffled. Any suggestions/clues?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Alex A Alex A is offline

I tried removing all the paragraph symbols, tried clear formatting and
reselecting the heading, but the problem still persists. Something is
corrupt in both the tables and Heading 3.

I decided to redo the tables. Thanks for the suggestion.