Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RBITECH-Robert RBITECH-Robert is offline

Default Save print settings specific to one Word document

What I am looking for is a way to save paper tray settings for a single Word
2007 document so that every time this specific document is printed, a tray
different from the printer default will be chosen. I want the printer
settings specific to this document to apply automatically everytime it is
printed. I have a user that says she was able to do this in Word 2003.
The closest thing I could find is in Page Layout tab, Page Setup, Paper Tab,
Apply to Whole Document. These appear to save, however when I attempt to
print, the printer paper settings are default paper tray and page size. I
also tried adding a second windows printer with different tray settings and
using it for this document but had no luck there either. Still printed to
the default paper tray.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, Microsoft does not monitor this forum or any of the others on this
server. The settings you mention are the correct ones and are saved with the
document. They should work, if properly set, and I don't know why they
aren't working for you. Did you select the appropriate trays for "First
page" and "Other pages"?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RBITECH-Robert RBITECH-Robert is offline

My apologies then, I had understood that was part of our Enterprise License
Agreement. Thank you for responding to my post.
I spent a little more time troubleshooting this with the user. In Excel
2007, she is able to set the second paper tray for a spreadsheet and keep
this setting after closing it. For unknown reasons, when we set the second
paper tray in a Word 2007 Doc (it is a one page doc) the tray settings go
away after the doc is closed. It defaults back to the main tray. We only
set it for first page. Would it matter if we set the paper tray for other
pages since this is a one page doc?

Thank you,
Robert Purser

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
No, Microsoft does not monitor this forum or any of the others on this
server. The settings you mention are the correct ones and are saved with
the
document. They should work, if properly set, and I don't know why they
aren't working for you. Did you select the appropriate trays for "First
page" and "Other pages"?

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The settings for "First page" and "Other pages" should be saved with the
document even if it's only one page.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.