Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PharmGirl PharmGirl is offline

Default How do I fix my spell checker?

I was typing one day in Word 2007, and all of a sudden all my misspelled
words (with the red squiggles underneath) disappeared. I tried messing with
the proofing options and nothing worked. I tried uninstalling and then
reinstalling the program and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how to
fix this? Please help, I'm desperate!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Office button | Word Options, is "Check spelling as you type" checked? Is
"Do not check spelling or grammar" cleared (Review tab | Set Language)? Is
the correct language applied to text?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PharmGirl" wrote in message
I was typing one day in Word 2007, and all of a sudden all my misspelled
words (with the red squiggles underneath) disappeared. I tried messing
with
the proofing options and nothing worked. I tried uninstalling and then
reinstalling the program and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how
fix this? Please help, I'm desperate!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PharmGirl PharmGirl is offline

I made sure all of these were done, and the spell check still doesn't work.
Thanks for trying; do you have any other suggestions?

"PharmGirl" wrote in message
I was typing one day in Word 2007, and all of a sudden all my misspelled
words (with the red squiggles underneath) disappeared. I tried messing
with
the proofing options and nothing worked. I tried uninstalling and then
reinstalling the program and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know how
fix this? Please help, I'm desperate!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Select the text, and press Shift+F7. In the Reveal Formatting task pane,
which language/proofing options are listed?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PharmGirl" wrote in message
I was typing one day in Word 2007, and all of a sudden all my misspelled
words (with the red squiggles underneath) disappeared. I tried messing
with
the proofing options and nothing worked. I tried uninstalling and then
reinstalling the program and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know
how
fix this? Please help, I'm desperate!

Spell Checker - Office 2007 wiped out my spell checker Paul T, Houston Texas Microsoft Word Help 10 January 4th 09 05:44 AM
spell checker does nothing Chuck Cusack Microsoft Word Help 3 October 21st 06 07:03 PM
Spell Checker Ceptor54 Microsoft Word Help 0 October 17th 06 11:48 AM
Spell Checker Moe Microsoft Word Help 1 May 6th 06 07:00 AM
please make spell checker as efficient as Word Perfect's checker williamiain Microsoft Word Help 1 November 7th 05 06:01 PM