Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk Koning[_2_] Henk Koning[_2_] is offline

Default headings within a table (combine outline view with table structure

This is not a question, but a request for new functionality.

I often use Word to organize information in outline view, which is a great
function. But than I want to add information in separate columns, like status
information or reminders or whatever, and this is not possible in outline
view. I have to revert to using a table. Word allows me to apply heading
style to the text in table column 1, this makes i possible to create a visual
structure in the table, but it is not possible to collapse of expand a branch
in this structure.

so I very much would like a combination of a table structure and an outline
view.

thanks,

Henk Koning

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk Koning[_2_] Henk Koning[_2_] is offline

Default headings within a table (combine outline view with table struc

good idea! thank you!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note also that a quick way to get an overview of headings in table cells is
to create a table of contents without page numbers; you can then cut and
paste the TOC into a new document and unlink it (Ctrl+Shift+F9). Print the
TOC (or save it as a separate file).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You might want to repost this as a Suggestion for Microsoft, on which
readers can vote.

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk Koning[_2_] Henk Koning[_2_] is offline

That is an interesting suggestion for whenever I want to extract the heading
information from the table. Thank you.

At this moment I don't want to do that. I want (would like) to use the
headings to quickly move around (via document map) or hide/show part of the
content of the table.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Note also that a quick way to get an overview of headings in table cells is
to create a table of contents without page numbers; you can then cut and
paste the TOC into a new document and unlink it (Ctrl+Shift+F9). Print the
TOC (or save it as a separate file).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, it is quite useful--and it's currently the best that we can do. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP