Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ray ray is offline

Default how do I get rid off the paragraph character symbol on my documen

It happened yesterday when i was doing some work. Now everytime i open new
blank document and/or saved document on winword its open with paragraph
character symbol. It's really iritating, please help !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Click on the *¶ icon on your toolbar, assuming you are using Word 2003 or
older. 2007 - click on the Office button, Options - and it's in there
somewhere. Look for non-orinting characters. Some of us can't work without
them. You can find out why your docs are doing what they're doing with them
on.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Ray" wrote in message
news
It happened yesterday when i was doing some work. Now everytime i open
new
blank document and/or saved document on winword its open with paragraph
character symbol. It's really iritating, please help !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
djprius djprius is offline

Default how do I get rid off the paragraph character symbol on my document

Ray wrote:
It happened yesterday when i was doing some work. Now everytime i open new
blank document and/or saved document on winword its open with paragraph
character symbol. It's really iritating, please help !!!!!!!!!!!

Another way to turn off the formatting marks, including paragraph
symbol, in Word 2007 is:

Home | Paragraph | Paragraph symbol (last item on top row)

This accomplishes the same as making the change through 'options'.
That is, both methods have the effect of persisting in other documents
and through restarts of the program. If you have it on and then open
another document, it will remain on. If you have it on and turn it off
in a document, it will not show up in another document until you click
it on again. (This is true even if you have made the change through
"options", in my testing.)

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It's well & fine to hide the ¶s under certain circumstances, but if it's
only because you don't understand what they're all about you will benefit
from this page:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
--
HTH |:)