Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
happydude happydude is offline

Default Inserting the cursor into different columns in Word 2007

I have a single page with three columns in Word 2007.
How can I move the cursor to a different location in either of the three
columns? I do know how to move the cursor to different locations that involve
text that is not in a text box.

As example, in column two I have a text box. How can I place the cursor
below the text box?
and
how do I move the cursor between pictures and a text box that is located in
a column?

Thanks for looking.
--
Cheers,
hd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The columns feature of Word provides newspaper-type columns with the
expectation that the text flow will snake from one column to the next. You
can insert column breaks to force an ending of the text in one column &
force the following content to the next column, but most people asking this
question are trying to get content on the right to correspond to content in
the previous column - in which case what you really want is a multi-column
Table, not columns.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"happydude" wrote in message
I have a single page with three columns in Word 2007.
How can I move the cursor to a different location in either of the three
columns? I do know how to move the cursor to different locations that
involve
text that is not in a text box.

As example, in column two I have a text box. How can I place the cursor
below the text box?
and
how do I move the cursor between pictures and a text box that is located
in
a column?

Thanks for looking.
--
Cheers,
hd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
happydude happydude is offline

CyberTaz, you are correct. A three table setup is easier to deal than with
the 3 column setup.

Thank you for your time.
--
Cheers,
hd

"happydude" wrote in message
I have a single page with three columns in Word 2007.
How can I move the cursor to a different location in either of the three
columns? I do know how to move the cursor to different locations that
involve
text that is not in a text box.

As example, in column two I have a text box. How can I place the cursor
below the text box?
and
how do I move the cursor between pictures and a text box that is located
in
a column?

Thanks for looking.
--
Cheers,
hd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
happydude happydude is offline

I still have one question.

Even in tables after I've created a text box I need to know how to move the
cursor below the text box. How does one do this?
--
Cheers,
hd

"happydude" wrote in message
I have a single page with three columns in Word 2007.
How can I move the cursor to a different location in either of the three
columns? I do know how to move the cursor to different locations that
involve
text that is not in a text box.

As example, in column two I have a text box. How can I place the cursor
below the text box?
and
how do I move the cursor between pictures and a text box that is located
in
a column?

Thanks for looking.
--
Cheers,
hd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm not really clear on what you're asking here - Tables & Text Boxes are 2
different issues. What are you actually trying to accomplish?
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

news

"happydude" wrote in message
I have a single page with three columns in Word 2007.
How can I move the cursor to a different location in either of the
three
columns? I do know how to move the cursor to different locations that
involve
text that is not in a text box.

As example, in column two I have a text box. How can I place the cursor
below the text box?
and
how do I move the cursor between pictures and a text box that is
located
in
a column?

Thanks for looking.
--
Cheers,
hd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
happydude happydude is offline

After inserting a text box I can't move the cursor below and outside the text
box.

Thanks.
--
Cheers,
John

"happydude" wrote in message
I have a single page with three columns in Word 2007.
How can I move the cursor to a different location in either of the
three
columns? I do know how to move the cursor to different locations that
involve
text that is not in a text box.

As example, in column two I have a text box. How can I place the cursor
below the text box?
and
how do I move the cursor between pictures and a text box that is
located
in
a column?

Thanks for looking.
--
Cheers,
hd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I don't have access to a system running '07 right now, but in general your
text box meets one of two conditions so pick the appropriate one (turn on
the non-printing characters - ¶ - first):

1- The text box may be formatted as In Line with Text: Click outside the
lower right corner of the text box (you should see one of the ¶ marks
there), then press the Enter key

2- The text box has some sort of Text Wrapping applied (not In Line): This
is a little trickier because the box is anchored to a paragraph. You'll need
to change the Wrapping style and/or move the anchor and/or move the text
box. This is especially confusing if the text box is the only content on the
"page".

Also, if you have "Click and Type" enabled in Word Options you can
double-click anywhere in the blank part of the doc to place your insertion
point at that spot - although not the preferred technique.

It's difficult for me to give you explicit suggestions without being able to
see what your doc looks like. I'm assuming you're starting with a new blank
doc & are creating a text box right off. I'm also assuming you're not
creating the text box inside a table cell.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

&

"happydude" wrote in message
I have a single page with three columns in Word 2007.
How can I move the cursor to a different location in either of the
three
columns? I do know how to move the cursor to different locations
that
involve
text that is not in a text box.

As example, in column two I have a text box. How can I place the
cursor
below the text box?
and
how do I move the cursor between pictures and a text box that is
located
in
a column?

Thanks for looking.
--
Cheers,
hd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
salman behera salman behera is offline

Default how to move textbox in tablecell

how to move textbox from one cell to another cell in a table and how to get position of a controls.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com