Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Default Concatinating one PK from one tbl & autonumber for a PK in another

I have many tables based on two fields in two different tables. Rather than
have both PKs in every table, I would like to have a PK from one table
(tblStyle SK (StyleKey) 1...50) be in combination with an autonumber giving
me a unique ID based on the two so that it looks like this:

tblDesign Primary Key = (SK)37+autonumber = 37405

If this is possible in Access, would you please explain how I would go about
doing this? Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard Richard is offline

Sorry, I mistakenly posted this in Word instead of Access Forum.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Whew! That's a relief. I was afraid I'd been totally missing something in
Word!

"Richard" wrote in message
news
Sorry, I mistakenly posted this in Word instead of Access Forum.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Concatinating one PK from one tbl & autonumber for a PK in ano

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Whew! That's a relief. I was afraid I'd been totally missing something in
Word!

"Richard" wrote in message
news
Sorry, I mistakenly posted this in Word instead of Access Forum.