Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manageability manageability is offline

Default Line Spacing/no toolbar icon

I'm trying to format a doc to double or 1.5 linespacing, but thal thingummy
isn't in my word toolbar best I can see. Any clues please? Using 2003 SBD.
First time "grouppie" - be kind please!

Thank you
--
Graham
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc Luc is offline

Manageability,
Maybe reset your Formatting toolbar to it's original state. Tools -
customize - toolbar tab - select the formatting toolbar - click on reset -
OK. Or maybe it just does not show because you turned it off, click on the
toolbar options arrow at the end of the toolbar - choose add or remove
buttons - format - see if the line spacing button has a check next to it.
Or use the menu, Format - paragraph - line spacing - 1.5 OK.
Or use the ctrl+5 (do not use the numeric pad!) shortcut.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
I'm trying to format a doc to double or 1.5 linespacing, but thal
thingummy
isn't in my word toolbar best I can see. Any clues please? Using 2003 SBD.
First time "grouppie" - be kind please!

Thank you
--
Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Luc suggests, the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+2 and Ctrl+5 will give you
Double or 1.5 line spacing (Ctrl+1 returns you to Single). Before you do
anything about editing your toolbars, make sure you have the Standard and
Formatting toolbars shown on two rows; if you don't, some of their buttons
will be hidden. If you have just the one row, find the arrow at the right
end of one of the toolbars, click on it, and choose Show Buttons on Two
Rows. If the Line Spacing button still doesn't show up on the Formatting
toolbar, click on the toolbar arrow again, choose Add or Remove Buttons,
then Formatting, and click on the "Line spacing" button to add it back.

"manageability" .(donotspam) wrote in message
I'm trying to format a doc to double or 1.5 linespacing, but thal

thingummy
isn't in my word toolbar best I can see. Any clues please? Using 2003 SBD.
First time "grouppie" - be kind please!

Thank you
--
Graham

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manageability manageability is offline

Thank you! I'm guessing "someone" had reset the toolbar to the "E-mail"
option in an effort to be able to import smilees via a Smilee Central icon.
So my next question of course is how to get that, cos it there in my Office
Outlook toolbars (somehow).
--
Graham

"Luc" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
manageability manageability is offline

Thank you, too! Wish I'd found these user-helpgroup things in my earlier PC
days. See also post 3 now!
--
Graham