Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CmpTch9 CmpTch9 is offline

Default Screen tip problem

Greetings! For some reason, my screen tips for the horizontal ruler are not
displaying. The ruler is functional otherwise (indent sliders, tab stops,
etc), and the screen tips show up everywhere else. I'm a teacher, and I'd
like my students to get the screen tips alerting them to the first line
indent, hanging indent, left and right side indents.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My experience with those is that they don't show up as quickly as most
ScreenTips (I guess trying to stay out of the way), and that placement of
the mouse pointer is very critical, especially in finding the Left Margin
control when the left indent markers are at the left margin.

"CmpTch9" wrote in message
Greetings! For some reason, my screen tips for the horizontal ruler are

not
displaying. The ruler is functional otherwise (indent sliders, tab stops,
etc), and the screen tips show up everywhere else. I'm a teacher, and I'd
like my students to get the screen tips alerting them to the first line
indent, hanging indent, left and right side indents.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jay jay is offline

Hi, Suzanne. Thanks for replying...this is my other screen name. I've had
the same experience, with the time delay and all. Good point about the
positioning of the mouse pointer...that's exactly what I'm trying to
illustrate to my students. I can get the screen tips for everything else to
work just fine, and the ones for the indent sliders and tab ruler work fine
on my desktop computer. On my laptop, which is connected to the projector,
only the indent sliders and tab ruler won't pop up.

Thanks again,

"CmpTch9" wrote in message
Greetings! For some reason, my screen tips for the horizontal ruler are

not
displaying. The ruler is functional otherwise (indent sliders, tab stops,
etc), and the screen tips show up everywhere else. I'm a teacher, and I'd
like my students to get the screen tips alerting them to the first line
indent, hanging indent, left and right side indents.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jay

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've recently had the experience of trying to demonstrate Word techniques
with a laptop and projector, so I feel your pain. Just getting the computer
screen fully displayed on the projection screen is a challenge. Are you
using a mouse or the built-in touchpad? I'm so dependent on a mouse that I
know I could never accomplish anything with the touchpad (and I can't type
on those chiclet keys, either). I really don't know what to suggest, though
I understand how frustrating this must be.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

My experience with those is that they don't show up as quickly as most
ScreenTips (I guess trying to stay out of the way), and that placement

of
the mouse pointer is very critical, especially in finding the Left

Margin
control when the left indent markers are at the left margin.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.