Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Default Non printing characters

I have a document that shows the non printing characters, when I hide these
and then save the document, which is a table it still opens with the non
printing characters.

I need the document which has to be posted to the web to not show these
characters, what am I doing wrong?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Thanks Suzanne for that explanation.

Does Word 2002 have this Show Non Printing Characters set as a default.

Every time I open a new doc this seems to be the case. If so how do I
change this.

TIA

B.W.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
This is a local setting; there is no way you can save your document that
will override the settings on other users' machines.

so
all may benefit.

"B.W." (del xxx) wrote in message
I have a document that shows the non printing characters, when I hide

these
and then save the document, which is a table it still opens with the non
printing characters.

I need the document which has to be posted to the web to not show these
characters, what am I doing wrong?

TIA

B.W.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
B.W. B.W. is offline

Please ignore last Post. After rebooting my computer it seems to have gone
back to the normal setting.

B.W.

printing odd characters VIV Mailmerge 1 April 25th 06 05:03 AM
Printing Characters in Word mguzman Microsoft Word Help 3 July 11th 05 03:40 PM
Printing the non-printing characters like tab, spacebar, para Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 2 February 20th 05 10:40 PM
Printing the non-printing characters like tab, spacebar, para Jugglertwo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 20th 05 04:39 PM
Non-printing characters Allison Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 05 05:35 PM