Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jimbly jimbly is offline

Default How can I insert a timezone (eg GMT) into a SaveDate field

I want to display the date/time a document was last changed but also include
the time zone the user changing it was in eg I would like to display a time
as 12:30GMT or 17:15EST. I can't see an option in the formats that would
allow this to happen - any ideas?

Tnanks

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Jim,

Word doesn't have any field-based support for time zones. If you need that functionality, you'd need some vba code to get those
properties from the system. Alternatively, you could hijack one of the DOCPROPERTY fields (see under File|Properties) and put a
standard GMT offset in there. You could then use that directly, or use a formula field to convert that plus the system time into a
GMT-equivalent time. To see what would be involved with the formula field, check out my Date Calc 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Automatically Calculate A Past Or Future Time of Day' - which you might also need to combine
with one of the field to 'Automatically Insert A Past Or Future Date'.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]