Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jag2181 Jag2181 is offline

Default Creating a new template

I wanted to know if there was a way in word 2007, when I create my own
template, to automatically save a file in a specfied folder whenever I use
that template.
Example; I create Social Studies Homework Template can I make it save to
only Social Studies (folder) in my documents. thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

This isn't a template setting, but you can change the default path in Word
Options. However, this will be the same default for all documents you create
from any template. However, you can add shortcuts to your 'regular' folders
in the File SaveAs dialog - how depends on which OS you are using. In Vista,
Word 2007 uses Windows Explorer for SaveAs, so all you need to do is to drag
the folder into the favourites area in Windows Explorer. Then when you save
a new document, you only have one click to select the correct destination
folder.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP