Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackieblue Jackieblue is offline

Default Filter

Hello,
I haven't really used Word functions extensively since I used to use
Wordperfect (many years then !).
I seem to remember that I used to be able to use a function very similar to
Excel filter in a table.
The reason I want to use a Word doc as opposed to an Excel doc is to print
labels.
Is it not possible to sort or filter data in a Word table.
Again, many thanks in advance.
Jackie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can sort table data via Table Sort (Word 2003 and earlier versions).
You cannot filter data as you can in Excel.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Jackieblue" wrote:

Hello,
I haven't really used Word functions extensively since I used to use
Wordperfect (many years then !).
I seem to remember that I used to be able to use a function very similar to
Excel filter in a table.
The reason I want to use a Word doc as opposed to an Excel doc is to print
labels.
Is it not possible to sort or filter data in a Word table.
Again, many thanks in advance.
Jackie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackieblue Jackieblue is offline

Hello,
Thank you for your reply; I realised my title was a little vague just after
I'd posted the query. I am working with Word 2007. How would I do the sort in
2007 ?
Thanks again.
Jackie

"Jackieblue" wrote:

Hello,
I haven't really used Word functions extensively since I used to use
Wordperfect (many years then !).
I seem to remember that I used to be able to use a function very similar to
Excel filter in a table.
The reason I want to use a Word doc as opposed to an Excel doc is to print
labels.
Is it not possible to sort or filter data in a Word table.
Again, many thanks in advance.
Jackie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The sort button is in the paragraph group on the Home tab

"Lene Fredborg" wrote:

You can sort table data via Table Sort (Word 2003 and earlier
versions). You cannot filter data as you can in Excel.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg
DocTools - Denmark
www.thedoctools.com
Document automation - add-ins, macros and templates for Microsoft
Word

"Jackieblue" wrote:

Hello,
I haven't really used Word functions extensively since I used to use
Wordperfect (many years then !).
I seem to remember that I used to be able to use a function very
similar to Excel filter in a table.
The reason I want to use a Word doc as opposed to an Excel doc is
to print labels.
Is it not possible to sort or filter data in a Word table.
Again, many thanks in advance.
Jackie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackieblue Jackieblue is offline

Oops, feel a bit daft now. Looking for things to be more complicated than
they are.
Pity about not being able to filter on a table - thought we used to be able
to ?
Thanks again though.
Jackie

"Jackieblue" wrote:

Hello,
I haven't really used Word functions extensively since I used to use
Wordperfect (many years then !).
I seem to remember that I used to be able to use a function very
similar to Excel filter in a table.
The reason I want to use a Word doc as opposed to an Excel doc is
to print labels.
Is it not possible to sort or filter data in a Word table.
Again, many thanks in advance.
Jackie

filter tracked changes cdellert Microsoft Word Help 1 October 25th 07 04:05 PM
filter keys Kathleen Microsoft Word Help 3 January 30th 07 10:48 PM
how do i change a graphics filter ellen Microsoft Word Help 1 July 26th 06 11:32 AM
Filter Key DSFCPAS Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 05 05:38 PM
what is going on with filter keys pony Microsoft Word Help 1 March 15th 05 02:21 PM