Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michelle Michelle is offline

Default Word 2007 phrase locking command

how do you lock a phrase so that it will not be divided at a line break? It
used to be pre CTRL+Shift+space bar & the phrase would be locked together.
But, that key combination is not working for me in Word 2007, & I can't find
this topic in the help file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Too long a phrase would not affect the shortcut of course, but it would not
be prevented from wrapping.
Display the formatting characters with CTRL+* - a non-breaking space looks
like a small circle or degree symbol.