Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Derek[_2_] Derek[_2_] is offline

Default How to print individual sheets when using a bookfold and manual duplex

Hi folks,

I am really struggling with a book I am trying to print. I have made sure
the pages are an exact multiple of 4 (84 pages) and I have set the bookfold
option and the manual duplex option. However my printer jammed and crunched
up the sheet that should have been pages 66 and 23 on the front and 24 and
65 at the rear.

No problem I thought, I'll just re-print that sheet. But I can't when ever i
ask it to print page 23, it prints page 78 and only page 78. I've tried all
sorts of tricks just to print this one sheet with these 4 pages but I am
failing miserably.

Can any-one tell me the secret please?

Many thanks,
Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you find out the secret, please share it. From the outset this has been
the Achilles' heel of the "Book fold" feature and is the reason I have stuck
with the method outlined at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm for all but the
shortest booklets (or those that will be printed to PDF). If you do have the
option to print to a PDF, you may find it easier to print specific pages of
that.

"Derek" wrote in message
Hi folks,

I am really struggling with a book I am trying to print. I have made sure
the pages are an exact multiple of 4 (84 pages) and I have set the

bookfold
option and the manual duplex option. However my printer jammed and

crunched
up the sheet that should have been pages 66 and 23 on the front and 24 and
65 at the rear.

No problem I thought, I'll just re-print that sheet. But I can't when ever

ask it to print page 23, it prints page 78 and only page 78. I've tried

all
sorts of tricks just to print this one sheet with these 4 pages but I am
failing miserably.

Can any-one tell me the secret please?

Many thanks,
Derek

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Derek[_2_] Derek[_2_] is offline

Thank you Suzanne,

I'll use this method.

Best Regards,
Derek

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
If you find out the secret, please share it. From the outset this has been
the Achilles' heel of the "Book fold" feature and is the reason I have
stuck
with the method outlined at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm for all but the
shortest booklets (or those that will be printed to PDF). If you do have
the
option to print to a PDF, you may find it easier to print specific pages
of
that.

so
all may benefit.