Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Richard Collier Richard Collier is offline

Default Word speech recognition

I would like to use Word speech recognition to record TELEPHONE conference
calls with multiple participants. I need to configure my XP and Vista
computers to take a TELEPHONE line input. I don't want to train the software
to recognize different speakers. How is this done? Please send a link to a
helpful reference.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If you aren't going to train the software to recognize different voices, you
will never get a decent transcription.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Richard Collier" Richard wrote in
message ...
I would like to use Word speech recognition to record TELEPHONE conference
calls with multiple participants. I need to configure my XP and Vista
computers to take a TELEPHONE line input. I don't want to train the
software
to recognize different speakers. How is this done? Please send a link to
helpful reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It will not work. Speech Recognition requires a good quality (digital)
microphone speech source and to learn the users' accent/intonations. A
telephone line doesn't match the first requirement and the second is
requirement is complicated that the Speech Recognition will only work for
one learnt voice at a time.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Richard Collier" Richard wrote in
message ...
I would like to use Word speech recognition to record TELEPHONE conference
calls with multiple participants. I need to configure my XP and Vista
computers to take a TELEPHONE line input. I don't want to train the
software
to recognize different speakers. How is this done? Please send a link to
helpful reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

In message ,
Terry Farrell Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

It will not work. Speech Recognition requires a good quality (digital)
microphone speech source and to learn the users' accent/intonations. A
telephone line doesn't match the first requirement and the second is
requirement is complicated that the Speech Recognition will only work
for one learnt voice at a time.

"Richard Collier" Richard
wrote in
message ...
I would like to use Word speech recognition to record TELEPHONE
conference calls with multiple participants. I need to configure my
XP and Vista computers to take a TELEPHONE line input. I don't want
to train the software
to recognize different speakers. How is this done? Please send a
link to a
helpful reference.

Even if you could get a half decent transcription with 'untrained' SR
software, in a multiple participant conference call, you are going to get an
element of people talking at the same time, no software is going to deal
with that very well, and it certainly is going to struggle to be able to
differentiate between the different participants in the conversation so your
transcript will not show you who said what even if it manages to make any
sense if what is said at all...

It would be a lot easier to connect a tape-recorder to the telephone, and
employ someone to transcribe the conversation afterwards... :-)

--
Regards,
Chris.