Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Joel Parker Joel Parker is offline

Default Good value for kerning size

Hi everyone.

I'd like to turn on kerning by default for all my documents, but I don't
know much about typesetting. What is a good default value for the size
limit?

Right now I have it set at 10pt, so all the body text at the default size
gets kerned. Should I change it to a higher size for just headings?

- Joel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Joel Parker" wrote:
Hi everyone.

I'd like to turn on kerning by default for all my documents, but I don't
know much about typesetting. What is a good default value for the size
limit?

Right now I have it set at 10pt, so all the body text at the default size
gets kerned. Should I change it to a higher size for just headings?

- Joel

Hi Joel,

I'd definitely kern body text (say 8 pt) too. Some people say that very
small text is more readable when not kerned, but OTOH, the "small print" on
products and labels isn't readable (or meant to be readable) anyway? g

Klaus

kerning Vicky Microsoft Word Help 6 November 28th 06 09:56 AM
good relations with a client is to have a good ? greg Microsoft Word Help 1 June 28th 06 02:50 PM
Kerning problem in Word Documents akkrug New Users 3 January 23rd 06 12:20 PM
How does kerning work? Peter Olcott Page Layout 6 December 13th 05 01:37 AM
Kerning Question mike New Users 5 February 23rd 05 03:41 AM