Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John[_4_] John[_4_] is offline

Default How get filename into watermark? (Word 2003)

How can I get the filename into the watermark (diagnollay across the
page)?

I am using Word 2003 with WinXP Pro/SP2.

Some users suggest using field codes but I am not sure how or if this
would work for me.

Can someone please advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Watermarks are in the graphics layer of the document and text watermarks are
created with Word Art which is not compatible with the use of fields. Word
Art is the only viable way of getting diagonal text into a document, but you
cannot use autotext in the text field of the Text Watermark or Word Art
dialogs so you would have to enter the filename manually.

or .....

you could use a macro to insert the filename as a watermark?

Sub FileNameAsWatermark()
Dim sFname As String
With ActiveDocument
If Len(.Path) = 0 Then
.Save
End If
sFname = .Name
End With
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Range.Select
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
With Selection
.HeaderFooter.Shapes.AddTextEffect(PowerPlusWaterM arkObject1, _
sFname, "Arial", 1, False, False, 0, 0).Select
With .ShapeRange
.Name = "PowerPlusWaterMarkObject1"
.TextEffect.NormalizedHeight = False
.Line.Visible = False
.Fill.Visible = True
.Fill.Solid
.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(192, 192, 192)
.Fill.Transparency = 0.5
.Rotation = 315
.LockAspectRatio = True
.Height = CentimetersToPoints(6.2)
.Width = CentimetersToPoints(14.46)
.WrapFormat.AllowOverlap = True
.WrapFormat.Side = wdWrapNone
.WrapFormat.Type = 3
.RelativeHorizontalPosition = _
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
.RelativeVerticalPosition = _
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
.Left = wdShapeCenter
.Top = wdShapeCenter
End With
End With
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
End Sub

How can I get the filename into the watermark (diagonally across the