Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kippers kippers is offline

Default Paragraph positioning on page

Hi,

I have a paragraph that currently slightly overlaps on to the follow page by
a couple of lines- however, these lines are right under the header and I want
to put a bit more space between the header and the text. However, when I try
and place a carriage return above the text, the entire paragraph from the

Similarly, if I try and remove a line above the paragraph on the 1st page
(in an attempt to get all text on the same page) the entire paragprah flips
down to the 2nd page.

Any ideas??!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Add some Spacing After to the last paragraph of the header; this will push
the main body text down.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kippers" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a paragraph that currently slightly overlaps on to the follow page
by
a couple of lines- however, these lines are right under the header and I
want
to put a bit more space between the header and the text. However, when I
try
and place a carriage return above the text, the entire paragraph from the
was)

Similarly, if I try and remove a line above the paragraph on the 1st page
(in an attempt to get all text on the same page) the entire paragprah
flips
down to the 2nd page.

Any ideas??!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Your design should anticipate that most types of your content will break
across a page. There's no point trying to manually control the space between
the body and the header on each page.

You can use the Top margin setting to control the overall size of your
header area, and the From Edge Header setting to control how far the first
line of the header is from the top edge of the page. (I.E. where the header
lines appear within the top margin.)

Create a top margin that's big enough to hold the largest (numer of lines)
header you'll use and that provides as much space between the header and body
as you want.

You can change these settings in each section of a document, but it's
probably not a good idea to do so unless there's an important change in the
overall content of the section in question.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000