Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jim Jim is offline

Default Mouse problems in Word

Using Word 2003 we have a problem with two symptoms:
1. The mouse does not work in the body of a document. It can pull down
menus, but will not highlight or otherwise work with text.
2. When you doubleclick a desktop document, Word opens but the document
does not.
In an effort to solve the problem I have:
A. Reinstalled and repaired Word.
B. Deleted and recreated the user's profile.
C. Deleted the Word settings in the Registry.
Other users on the machine do NOT have the problem. This has happened on
multiple machines, but not necessarily for each user on the machines. Has
anyone had this problem and found a fix?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve[_11_] Steve[_11_] is offline

On Nov 1, 2:16 pm, Jim wrote:
UsingWord2003we have a problem with two symptoms:
1. Themousedoesnotworkin the body of a document. It can pull down
menus, but willnothighlight or otherwiseworkwith text.
2. When you doubleclick a desktop document,Wordopens but the documentdoesnot.
In an effort to solve the problem I have:
A. Reinstalled and repairedWord.
B. Deleted and recreated the user's profile.
C. Deleted theWordsettings in the Registry.
Other users on the machine doNOThave the problem. This has happened on
multiple machines, butnotnecessarily for each user on the machines. Has
anyone had this problem and found a fix?

Hi, Jim.

I am experiencing the same problem. I think the problem may be related
to an add-in program. I am working with a design tool and it linked
itself to my word document, which, under normal conditions would be
fine, but it seems to have changed the highlight behavior in Word
2003. You may want to try and disable/uninstall any add-ins if you are
using any.

Also, this is little consolation, but, you could always go back to
WordPad [yeah, I know].

Please let me know if you have found a different resolution.

--Steve