Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BobC BobC is offline

Default Modifying page borders

I'd like to be able to modify an existing page border, for instance change
the color. Can any one tell me how to do this? I'd also like to be able to
create new page borders.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Texas Aggie Texas Aggie is offline

You did not specify which Word you are using. I am currently using Word 2003.
In Word03 it is not possible to edit an existing border that is given in the
drop down menu. However it is possible to create a custom border. The catch
is it is not very user friendly. There are a few ways that I know of how to
achieve a custom border.

First is to create text boxes around the area that you want your border to
be and set the background to the color/art that you desire.

Another way is to create a .gif file to the size that you want and use the
PRINTED WATERMARK feature.

1.) Open your document.
2.) Select Format | Background | Printed Watermark.
3.) Choose Picture Watermark. Click Select Picture, locate the border
graphic you want to use, and then click Insert.
4.) Choose the desired Scale option to size the graphic.
5.) Deselect the Washout check box.
6.) Click OK.

Another way...
1.) start with a blank document
2.) add a rectangle to the page (on the Drawing toolbar)
3.) right-click the rectangle, select "Format Auto Shape"
4.) in the 'Fill' 'Color' drop-down box, select 'Fill Effects'
5.) go to 'Picture' tab, click 'Select Picture'
6.) find the picture you want to use, click 'Insert'
7.) click OK and OK to get back to the document
8.) now resize and reposition the rectangle to the size and location you want

you will then need to add Text Boxes to place any text over the rectangle

Lastly, you could just use the drawing tool bar and import the picture/art
you want to be your background and duplicate it till you enclose your page.

They are all pretty much time consuming. I know that in Word 2007 you have
better options but sadly I have yet to obtain that version.

--
Silverbird Designs @ www.silverbirddesigns.com

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009

If you found this reply helpful, please indicate that your question has been
answered tell let others know where they might find the answer a simmilar
question.

"BobC" wrote:

I'd like to be able to modify an existing page border, for instance change
the color. Can any one tell me how to do this? I'd also like to be able to
create new page borders.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Since you can easily change the color of simple borders, presumably you are
referring to the Border Art. In Word, you can neither modify nor create art
borders; Publisher is more accommodating in this regard. See also
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BorderArt.htm