Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mark G. Mark G. is offline

Default Figure out patch version?

Since there is no help menu other than the blue question in circle, I have
been used to checking under 'about' to see what version which would show sp1
or whatever. But now, since I do not see that available to me, I am curious
as to how I confirm this info? Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

So you haven't discovered the (non) intuitive pizza slice in the top left
corner? Far from being a decoration (which most first time users believe),
it is really the old File Menu plus more. It still opens with Alt+F.

You will also find the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) a complete lifesaver as
you can put all your favourite tools on there and pretend you are using Word
2003.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Mark G." wrote in message
Since there is no help menu other than the blue question in circle, I have
been used to checking under 'about' to see what version which would show
sp1 or whatever. But now, since I do not see that available to me, I am
curious as to how I confirm this info? Thanks much.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
djprius djprius is offline

Default Figure out patch version? (Word 2007)

Mark,

The path is:
Office Button (Windows logo at top left) | Word Options (at bottom) |
Resources

"About" is the last item in the list on the right-hand side.

David