Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RBITECH-Robert RBITECH-Robert is offline

Default Word defaulting to French language editor

I have a colleague whose Word 2007 editor defaults to French. We reset it
to English and after Word updates are installed it reverts to French again.
We have checked the Regional and Language settings in Control Panel and they
are set to English only. We checked the Office 2007 Language Settings in
Office Tools and the editors there were English only, no others were
enabled. The place where we could correct it was in Review Tab | Proofing
group | Set Language Tool. The only setting that I found different in his
was "Do not check spelling or grammer" was checked in his, not in mine.
Detect language automatically was checked in both. We checked English and
clicked Default. This corrected it before, but after the last round of
Office updates from Microsoft were installed, it reverted back to French.
Is there a way to make English the default and keep it as default?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Turn Detect language automatically off on both machines.
This could help.
Sometime ago I had a simpilar problem with French being activated
spontaneously. After doing the changes that you have described, it still
occured. Eventually one of the IT department techies changed the default
language default code in the Registry on my machine to English (UK), did the
problem finally go away.
Hope this helps.
DeanH