Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason Carlton Jason Carlton is offline

Default Convert Word w/ Hyperlinks to Excel?

Someone sent a Word file to me that includes hundreds of phrases
(roughly 350, actually), and if you click on the phrase you'll see
that it's a hyperlink. But I need for this to be in an Excel
spreadsheet, with Column A being the phrase and Column B being the
hyperlink.

How can I export or convert this without creating the spreadsheet
manually?

TIA,

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason Carlton Jason Carlton is offline

Someone sent a Word file to me that includes hundreds of phrases
(roughly 350, actually), and if you click on the phrase you'll see
that it's a hyperlink. But I need for this to be in an Excel
spreadsheet, with Column A being the phrase and Column B being the
hyperlink.

How can I export or convert this without creating the spreadsheet
manually?

I'm not sure if this is relevant at this point, but I'm using Office
2000. Sorry, I should have said that in the original post.

- J

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How is the data separated? Is each piece of text and the following link in a
single paragraph? Within a paragraph, how is the text and the link separated
from each other? If you are not sure, press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display
nonprinting marks (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/NonPrintChars.htm).

--
Stefan Blom