Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kaj - Denmark Kaj - Denmark is offline

Default DIP and InfoPath

I have read the following.

InfoPath is required when you want to:
"Complete custom fields and execute custom business logic in Document
Information Panel forms."

I have to know when exactly is InfoPath required on the klient. When I use
standard Sharepoint columns (properties)?
When i have edited the DIP template using InfoPath fx for validating fields.
Or
Only when I have made advanced fields like eg. data-base lookups.

Has anyone a precise discription of the licensing issue?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robin Robin is offline

Kaj,

I cannot give you a definitive answer, but maybe sharing my experience may
shed some light on the issue for you and others. I also would like to see a
definitive/authoritative guide written by Microsoft on this issue.

I designed a custom InfoPath form for status reporting. The template for
status reports wasn't close to our needs, and modifying it was more trouble
than simply starting from scratch.

For one item I needed a text block that I could paste large section into, so
I chose a Rich Text Block. When attempting to save the document I got
messages to the effect that the content could not be supported as html or web
type... This of course means that anyone attempting to open this form will
need a client copy of infopath.

On another form I use extensive data mappings to MOSS columns (for custom
metadata tracking) This form works quite nicely as html or web type, hence
users don't have to have InfoPath on the client, and may use the form in a
browser.

Hope this helps...

/Robin
--