Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

Default Smart Tags issues

Two Questions

I always assumed that when you used smart tags to add contact to OUtlook
from either the person's name or address of an address block, that the entire
entry would carry over to Outlook; Name, Address, City, State and Zip.

What I am getting instead is either just the address line (100 Main St) or
the Person's name and Address Line (mary Smith 100 Main St) but never the
City and State.

I seem to remember it working the way I expect it to in Word 2003.
Currently on Office 2007. Any ideas, suggestions?

One more question. When some people in my office tried to do this they got
a message that the macro security was preventing it from working. (I forget
the exact verbage). I enabled macros in Word and Outlook (against the
warnings I received) but still got the message. Any ideas on what I need to
do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ngwaihoalbert@gmail.com is offline

Hi Vicky,

To your 2nd question, if I got your problem correctly, you may refer
to this link:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...curitywarnings

Regards,
Albert

On 9 Nov, 12:40, Vicky wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

Thanks for the link. It is a little above my level (haha) but I did read it.
I am not sure it refers to 2007 which is what I am using. One computer in
our office allows smart tags, no problem, 2 others do not.

On 9 Nov, 12:40, Vicky wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] ngwaihoalbert@gmail.com is offline

ic, I'm working on Outlook 2003 which is ok, have to test for 2007
later, too. A bit worry about it... Keep going~

Regards,
Albert

Smart tags JIMPAP Microsoft Word Help 0 December 24th 05 05:46 PM
how to use smart tags Maria C.S. Microsoft Word Help 1 February 23rd 05 08:26 AM
Smart Tags Mark S Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 05 09:33 AM
smart tags tweetybird New Users 1 February 4th 05 08:23 PM
smart tags tweetybird Microsoft Word Help 0 February 4th 05 08:15 PM