Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sturner333 sturner333 is offline

Default Unwanted Symbols

I have inserted tables into a Word document that get its data from
an Access program. The only problem I have is when data from Access that was
on multiple lines is put into a cell on the document, those square carriage
return symbols show up and characters(words) are lines up one after another
with these squares separating them:

Per Nilsson–ˇ–ˇbob smith

rather than

Per Nillson
bob smith

How do I get rid of those?
Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Select an instance of the square boxes and use Ctrl+C to copy them to the
clip board and then with the EditReplace dialog open, use Ctrl+V to paste
them into the Find what control and in the Replace with Control, enter ^p
and then click on Replace all.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sturner333" wrote in message
I have inserted tables into a Word document that get its data from
an Access program. The only problem I have is when data from Access that
was
on multiple lines is put into a cell on the document, those square
carriage
return symbols show up and characters(words) are lines up one after
another
with these squares separating them:

Per Nilsson??bob smith

rather than

Per Nillson
bob smith

How do I get rid of those?
Thanks for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sturner333 sturner333 is offline

like this:
Private Sub cmdPrint_Click()
'Print customer slip for current customer.
Dim appWord As Word.Application
Dim doc As Word.Document
'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open.
On Error Resume Next
Err.Clear
'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word.
Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application")
If Err.Number 0 Then
'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word.
Set appWord = New Word.Application
End If
Set doc = appWord.Documents.Open("C:\WordForms\CustomerSlip. doc", , True)
With doc
..FormFields("fldCustomerID").Result = Me!CustomerID
..FormFields("fldCompanyName").Result = Me!CompanyName
..FormFields("fldContactName").Result = Me!ContactName
..FormFields("fldContactTitle").Result = Me!ContactTitle
..FormFields("fldAddress").Result = Me!Address
..FormFields("fldCity").Result = Me!City
..FormFields("fldRegion").Result = Me!Region
..FormFields("fldPostalCode").Result = Me!PostalCode
..FormFields("fldCountry").Result = Me!Country
..FormFields("fldPhone").Result = Me!Phone
..FormFields("fldFax").Result = Me!Fax
..Visible = True
..Activate
End With
Set doc = Nothing
Set appWord = Nothing
Exit Sub
errHandler:
MsgBox Err.Number & ": " & Err.Description
End Sub

Thanks

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Use the Replace function to replace the Asc(10) characters (the square
boxes) with Asc(13) (Carriage Return)

..FormFields("fldContactName").Result = Replace( Me!ContactName, Chr(10),
Chr(13))

If you have are now getting two square boxes, then you will probably need

..FormFields("fldContactName").Result = Replace( Me!ContactName,
Chr(10)Chr(10), Chr(13))

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Symbols and navigation to these symbols in Word 2000 SSkenny Formatting Long Documents 1 October 6th 06 10:35 PM
Unwanted Spaces? HI-Liter New Users 3 August 4th 06 08:26 PM
Unwanted symbols becca61 Microsoft Word Help 2 June 21st 06 09:52 AM
Mathematical symbols changing to picture symbols VicVic777 Microsoft Word Help 0 December 5th 05 04:09 PM
Can I create my own symbols and add them to the symbols file Peg 98115 Microsoft Word Help 2 June 21st 05 04:11 PM