Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS BorisS is offline

Default comments not auto-corrected

any way ('07) to get comments to auto-correct, as does regular text? For
instance, "i" does not convert to "I", as in regular doc, when entered in
comments.
--
Boris
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A guess, as I've not used Word 2007--auto-correct does not work in the
Reviewing Pane, but does it work in the Comment balloons? Where are you
typing Comments?

BorisS wrote:
any way ('07) to get comments to auto-correct, as does regular text? For
instance, "i" does not convert to "I", as in regular doc, when entered in
comments.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

I have Word 2007 and just tested Daiya's theory that AutoCorrect may
work if one has selected "balloons" to view comments, rather than the
"reviewing pane". She's right: AutoCorrect works, but only when one
has set the view for Comments to balloons. Strange.

David

***********************************

BorisS wrote:
any way ('07) to get comments to auto-correct, as does regular text?
For instance, "i" does not convert to "I", as in regular doc, when
entered in comments.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BorisS BorisS is offline

If I'm understanding the issue correctly, you are saying that I have to
proactively set something to make sure Comments are done in balloons. My
situation is that I have the balloons coming up when I insert comment, and I
type in there. I split my screen for the main doc, so don't use the bottom
reviewing pane. So it sounds like mine is not behaving the way yours is,
when I'm typing in the comment balloons, because mine does NOT auto-correct.

Any advice?
--
Boris

BorisS wrote:
any way ('07) to get comments to auto-correct, as does regular text?
For instance, "i" does not convert to "I", as in regular doc, when
entered in comments.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Default comments not auto-corrected in Word 2007

Boris,

Do you mind testing whether there is a different behavior on yours?

1. Open a new blank document (Do not use a split screen, please)
2. Go to Review | Tracking | Balloons -- and left click to get the menu
3. Left click on the third item "Show Only Comments ..."
4. Go to Review | Comments | New Comment -- and left click to get a balloon
5. Type "abotu" (without the quotes)in the blank document and press the
spacebar once.
6. I have "abotu" change to "about".

If this doesn't work for you, check to see if you have version
12.0.6015.5000 of Office Word 2007.

David

**************************************

BorisS wrote:
If I'm understanding the issue correctly, you are saying that I have to
proactively set something to make sure Comments are done in balloons. My
situation is that I have the balloons coming up when I insert comment, and I
type in there. I split my screen for the main doc, so don't use the bottom
reviewing pane. So it sounds like mine is not behaving the way yours is,
when I'm typing in the comment balloons, because mine does NOT auto-correct.

Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Boris,

If AutoCorrect is not working, even though you are typing Comments in
Balloons, then it may be a language issue. AutoCorrect is
language-dependent. To check this, you probably need to make sure both
the Comment Text and Balloon Text style have the right language applied,
and that "do not check spelling and grammar" is NOT checked for either
style.

Unfortunately, in Word 2007, I am not sure how to check the language
formatting for a style. Anyone?

BorisS wrote:
If I'm understanding the issue correctly, you are saying that I have to
proactively set something to make sure Comments are done in balloons. My
situation is that I have the balloons coming up when I insert comment, and I
type in there. I split my screen for the main doc, so don't use the bottom
reviewing pane. So it sounds like mine is not behaving the way yours is,
when I'm typing in the comment balloons, because mine does NOT auto-correct.

Any advice?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Daiya,

snip

Unfortunately, in Word 2007, I am not sure how to check the language
formatting for a style. Anyone?

In Word 2007, after one is showing the Styles Pane, click the Manage
Styles button (right most of the three buttons at the bottom). Navigate
to the style you want to review/modify. Click Modify button. On the
Modify Style dialog box, click Format button (at bottom). Choose the
Language item from the list.

(This is likely how it is done on earlier versions, but not having
used any version before Word 2007, I cannot say for sure.)

David