Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
momto2 momto2 is offline

Default Table gridlines ON default

I just upgraded to Word 2007 and I can't seem to set the table gridlines to
default ON as it was in my old version of Word.

Also, not related to Tables per se, but I would like the Paragragh marks to
default to ON as well and it seems I have to re-select this each time I open
Word.

I read on here that Adobe caused problems in saving to Normal.dot. I have
tried the suggestions posted ie. using Save ALL and installing the latest
version of Adobe 7 (7.0.9) to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Those particular options are stored in a registry key, not in the
Normal.dotm template. Use the instructions at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm, using the
version number 12.0 for Word 2007 in place of the ones listed for
earlier versions in the article.

Further information about this registry key is at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...eySettings.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] pam.bains@gmail.com is offline

On Nov 11, 10:56 am, momto2 wrote:
I just upgraded to Word 2007 and I can't seem to set the table gridlines to
default ON as it was in my old version of Word.

Also, not related to Tables per se, but I would like the Paragragh marks to
default to ON as well and it seems I have to re-select this each time I open
Word.

I read on here that Adobe caused problems in saving to Normal.dot. I have
tried the suggestions posted ie. using Save ALL and installing the latest
version of Adobe 7 (7.0.9) to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

There is even a simpler solution. Set up a table and remove the
borders (you now have a blank table where you cannot see the
gridlines). Then click on the Layout tab, and click on "View
Gridlines". Your gridlines should now appear. Even better, Word
2007 now assumes that you prefer the gridline setting as your
default. The next time you go to set up a table and remove all
borders, the gridlines will appear. This will remain your default
until you create a table and de-select "View Gridlines".

Open form with table gridlines hidden by default? Markus Ernst New Users 3 December 13th 06 09:40 AM
Open form with table gridlines hidden by default? Markus Ernst Page Layout 3 December 13th 06 09:40 AM
Table gridlines Mary Ann Tables 2 November 4th 05 07:09 AM
Hide Gridlines as default setting Dan Tables 1 August 29th 05 05:54 PM
Changing default on gridlines to print The Phantom Tables 1 March 10th 05 07:12 PM