Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lauren[_2_] Lauren[_2_] is offline

Default printing two pages per page margin settings

I really hope someone can help.

I am trying to print a document, landscape, two pages per page. I have
tried all sorts of margin settings, but have a problem. I have now set
my outside and inside margins at 1 cm. The gutter is set at 1.5 cm. In
print preview it looks fine. But, when I print it is as if all the
printing has moved to the right on the page. The outside margin is
wider than what I want. The inside margin of the pages is narrower
than the inside margin of the opposite page. When the page is folded
in the center the left side and the right sides are uneven. It looks
like the total print has moved towards the right on the page.
I use a Laserjet 5L printer. I use MS Office 2000 premium

Anybody any ideas? Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lauren[_2_] Lauren[_2_] is offline

Suzanne, I don't know what happened - your post disappeared as well as
my responses to your post.
I read you post on removing the gutter etc. I tried that. I set the
outside margin at 1.59 cm and the inside margin at 3 cm, no gutter. I
printed page 2 and 3. P2 is too wide on the outside and too narrow on
the inside. P3 is too wide on the inside and too narrow on the
outside. The printing still seems to have moved to the right on the
whole page. Both the inside and outside margins are unequal.

I am sorry to be a nuisance and hope you can help me. I shall be
online again tomorrow night and hope that you will something for me. I
really, really appreciate your effort. Thanks so much. Lauren

On Nov 12, 10:28 pm, Lauren wrote:
I really hope someone can help.

I am trying to print a document, landscape, two pages per page. I have
tried all sorts of margin settings, but have a problem. I have now set
my outside and inside margins at 1 cm. The gutter is set at 1.5 cm. In
print preview it looks fine. But, when I print it is as if all the
printing has moved to the right on the page. The outside margin is
wider than what I want. The inside margin of the pages is narrower
than the inside margin of the opposite page. When the page is folded
in the center the left side and the right sides are uneven. It looks
like the total print has moved towards the right on the page.
I use a Laserjet 5L printer. I use MS Office 2000 premium

Anybody any ideas? Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lauren[_2_] Lauren[_2_] is offline

Suzanne, I want to thank you again for your assistance. I really
appreciate it. Lauren

On Nov 12, 11:56 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Your original thread was in word.docmanagement (General Questions), which is
where I have posted follow-up replies.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

"Lauren" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You're very welcome.

"Lauren" wrote in message
ups.com...
Suzanne, I want to thank you again for your assistance. I really
appreciate it. Lauren

On Nov 12, 11:56 pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Your original thread was in word.docmanagement (General Questions),

which is
where I have posted follow-up replies.

Word MVP FAQ site:http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so