Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kolina Kolina is offline

Default How do I show changes (stikethroughs, commas, etc) in a word doc

I am correcting a paper for my daughter and would like to show the suggested
changes in red ie strikethroughs, added comments, etc. without having to
format the font for each insertion. Is there a way that I can overwrite the
existing document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:20:01 -0800, Kolina
wrote:

I am correcting a paper for my daughter and would like to show the suggested
changes in red ie strikethroughs, added comments, etc. without having to
format the font for each insertion. Is there a way that I can overwrite the
existing document?

The feature for most of this is called "Track Changes". In Word 2003
or earlier it's on the Tools menu, while in Word 2007 it's on the
Review ribbon. In either case, the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+E toggles it on
and off.

The formatting of tracked changes is controlled by the Track Changes
tab of the Tools Options dialog in earlier versions, while in 2007
the item "Change Tracking Options" is on the same button in the Review
ribbon.

Once you have tracked changes, you can choose to view the document
with or without the changes (called "Markup" in the menus), and you
can use Accept and Reject buttons to make the changes permanent or
remove them. In earlier versions these things are on the Reviewing
toolbar; in 2007 they're on the Reviewing ribbon to the right of the
Track Changes button.

You can also insert comments, using a separate but related feature. In
earlier versions it's Insert Comment; in 2007 it's "New Comment" on
the Review ribbon.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman