Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
johnthebaptist johnthebaptist is offline

Default Where is page two?

Running Office Standard 2007 on Vista Home Basic.

My table continues on a second page, or did when I constructed it. Now page
two is gone.

Google Desktop has the missing data, but when I click the file name in GD
only page 1 of 1 opens. Same when I try to open the file from Office Search.

My problem with auto-repeating the heading row may have somehing to do with
this. It didn't work. I had to insert the heading row on page two with
copy-and-paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Most likely you inadvertently nudged the table and made it wrapped. In
whatever passes for Table Properties in Word 2007, make sure the text
wrapping is set to None.

"johnthebaptist" wrote in message
Running Office Standard 2007 on Vista Home Basic.

My table continues on a second page, or did when I constructed it. Now

page
two is gone.

Google Desktop has the missing data, but when I click the file name in GD
only page 1 of 1 opens. Same when I try to open the file from Office

Search.

My problem with auto-repeating the heading row may have somehing to do

with
this. It didn't work. I had to insert the heading row on page two with
copy-and-paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
johnthebaptist johnthebaptist is offline

Thank you, Suzanne S. Barnhill. In pursuing your suggestion I discovered in
the Document Recovery pane that the file I had been searching for was the
version (Last saved by user). This one was prior to the (Autosaved) one
which did show page two. The wrapped heading shows on page two, but
doubtless as a result of my copy-and-paste operation.

Also, not only does my heading row have a wrapped heading but there is a row
above that with merged cells containing the equivalent of a title of the
table--wrapped. If I understand the phrase correctly this is "nudging the
table" on a grand scale, i.e., trying to make it do something it's not
designed to do.

Still, if I wanted a table title to repeat on all pages above the heading
row what would I do? Insert a text box manually, or maybe--ugh--with a
macro? Or just copy and paste the two rows manually--or ugh.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Most likely you inadvertently nudged the table and made it wrapped. In
whatever passes for Table Properties in Word 2007, make sure the text
wrapping is set to None.

"johnthebaptist" wrote in message
Running Office Standard 2007 on Vista Home Basic.

My table continues on a second page, or did when I constructed it. Now

page
two is gone.

Google Desktop has the missing data, but when I click the file name in GD
only page 1 of 1 opens. Same when I try to open the file from Office

Search.

My problem with auto-repeating the heading row may have somehing to do

with
this. It didn't work. I had to insert the heading row on page two with
copy-and-paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"johnthebaptist" wrote in message
Thank you, Suzanne S. Barnhill. In pursuing your suggestion I discovered
in
the Document Recovery pane that the file I had been searching for was the
version (Last saved by user). This one was prior to the (Autosaved) one
which did show page two. The wrapped heading shows on page two, but
doubtless as a result of my copy-and-paste operation.

Also, not only does my heading row have a wrapped heading but there is a
row
above that with merged cells containing the equivalent of a title of the
table--wrapped. If I understand the phrase correctly this is "nudging the
table" on a grand scale, i.e., trying to make it do something it's not
designed to do.

When you rest the mouse pointer on the table, a little symbol (a four-headed
arrow) shows in the top left corner (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm). If you inadvertently
click on this symbol and drag, the table will be wrapped. To turn this off:
Right-click the table and choose table properties. On the Table tab, click ”None”
for ”Text wrapping.” Click OK.

Still, if I wanted a table title to repeat on all pages above the heading
row what would I do? Insert a text box manually, or maybe--ugh--with a
macro? Or just copy and paste the two rows manually--or ugh.

You can have two rows repeat (two successive rows that is) in a Word table.
Just select them and click the Table Tools: Layout tab of the ribbon. In the
Data group, click Repeat Header Rows.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Most likely you inadvertently nudged the table and made it wrapped. In
whatever passes for Table Properties in Word 2007, make sure the text
wrapping is set to None.

so
all may benefit.

"johnthebaptist" wrote in
message
Running Office Standard 2007 on Vista Home Basic.

My table continues on a second page, or did when I constructed it. Now

page
two is gone.

Google Desktop has the missing data, but when I click the file name in
GD
only page 1 of 1 opens. Same when I try to open the file from Office

Search.

My problem with auto-repeating the heading row may have somehing to do

with
this. It didn't work. I had to insert the heading row on page two
with
copy-and-paste.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Most likely you inadvertently nudged the table and made it wrapped. In
whatever passes for Table Properties in Word 2007, make sure the text
wrapping is set to None.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.