Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bonnie in calgary bonnie in calgary is offline

Default Text shrunk margin on right increased

When I open my saved document (1 inch margins right and left) it appears and
prints with the text shrunk and a two inch margin on the right. I've checked
things like gutters - in fact checked everything and searched help. I'm not a
novice user but I can't figure out what the heck's going on!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

bonnie in calgary wrote:
When I open my saved document (1 inch margins right and left) it
appears and prints with the text shrunk and a two inch margin on the
right. I've checked things like gutters - in fact checked everything
and searched help. I'm not a novice user but I can't figure out what
the heck's going on!

It usually indicates that you have tracked changes or comments (or at least
that Word thinks you have them) and space in the right margin is being
reserved for balloons to show them.

First click the Tools menu and make sure the Track Changes item isn't turned
on; if it is on, click it to turn it off.

Display the Reviewing toolbar, click the down arrow next to the Reject
Changes button, and click Reject All Changes in Document. Click the down
arrow again and click Delete All Comments in Document. Save the document
again.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman