Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Default Date after saving as Web Page

We are using a date field to state that a printed document after the day
printed expires within 3 days. I am using a "live" date in Word which shows
the current date. Works fine in Word. After saving the document as a Web
Page (.htm) file the date becomes static, it never updates to the current
date. Am I doing something wrong or does the We Page (.htm) file date not
work the same? If not, is there a work around?
--
Thanks for any help,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You will have to open the file in Word; otherwise, the date will appear as
static text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark" wrote:

We are using a date field to state that a printed document after the day
printed expires within 3 days. I am using a "live" date in Word which shows
the current date. Works fine in Word. After saving the document as a Web
Page (.htm) file the date becomes static, it never updates to the current
date. Am I doing something wrong or does the We Page (.htm) file date not
work the same? If not, is there a work around?
--
Thanks for any help,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Defeats the purpose of saving it as an .htm file doesn't it?
--
Thanks for any help,
Mark

"Mark" wrote:

We are using a date field to state that a printed document after the day
printed expires within 3 days. I am using a "live" date in Word which shows
the current date. Works fine in Word. After saving the document as a Web
Page (.htm) file the date becomes static, it never updates to the current
date. Am I doing something wrong or does the We Page (.htm) file date not
work the same? If not, is there a work around?
--
Thanks for any help,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Well, the capabilities of Word as an HTML editor are limited.

Also, there are other means to include dates on web pages: JavaScript,
ActiveX. (I don't know how it's done or which is better, though.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mark" wrote:

We are using a date field to state that a printed document after the
day
printed expires within 3 days. I am using a "live" date in Word which
shows
the current date. Works fine in Word. After saving the document as a
Web
Page (.htm) file the date becomes static, it never updates to the
current
date. Am I doing something wrong or does the We Page (.htm) file date
not
work the same? If not, is there a work around?
--
Thanks for any help,
Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

"Stefan Blom" wrote in news:etqXVuaMIHA.3940
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

Well, the capabilities of Word as an HTML editor are limited.

Also, there are other means to include dates on web pages: JavaScript,
ActiveX. (I don't know how it's done or which is better, though.)

Word and/or Front Page used ActiveX for this function.

It's best accomplished server side, rather than contained in the html.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Thank you for clarifying this.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Don" wrote in message
. 33.102...
"Stefan Blom" wrote in news:etqXVuaMIHA.3940
@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl:

Well, the capabilities of Word as an HTML editor are limited.

Also, there are other means to include dates on web pages: JavaScript,
ActiveX. (I don't know how it's done or which is better, though.)

Word and/or Front Page used ActiveX for this function.

It's best accomplished server side, rather than contained in the html.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark Mark is offline

Popup blockers become a problem with ActiveX & Java scripting because of what
is installed on the system side of things. Very strict, large environment.
Having it as part of the Word/webpage format is the simplest solution. It
just seems to me that if the date field can be "live" in the Work document it
should be "live" when saved in webpage format.

I appreciate the comments. Will try a different path.

--
Thanks for any help,
Mark