Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vicky Vicky is offline

Default Update dates using CreateDate or Date field

Using Word 2007 and I have a template I created with a CreateDate field.
When I create a new doc it gives me the current date which is good. I save
the doc and later I would like to be able to open the DOC and make a small
change to the document and then save it with a different name. I woudl also
like the date to be current on this new revision of the old doc. Even if I
right-click the field the update button doesnt change the date.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you use Save As, you should be getting a new creation date, so it should
be possible to update the CreateDate field using F9 (unless it's locked or
has been converted to text).