rsc

Default language/keyboard configuration problem

I'm running Office 2000. When I open Word it functions properly for a few
minutes, but then suddenly seems to switch over to a different keyboard
configuration, replacing the symbol = with ? for example. When I close Word
and reopen, it functions properly for a while but then reverts again. I've
tried uninstalling - reinstalling several times and it doesn't help. I think
the problem has to do with the fact that my operating system - Windows XP -
is in Spanish and Office is in English, and of course my keyboard
configuration is Spanish, but I don't understand why it suddenly decides to
switch over all by itself and how I can prevent it from doing this. Any
ideas, suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
RSC

TF

Unfortunately, in Office 2000, the language is determined by the Keyboard
Language setting in the Control panel (well thought out!) One solution is to
have two keyboards, one English and one Spanish and switch User Profiles
between the two languages depending on which you want to operate.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"rsc" wrote in message
[...]