Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
faerie_bel faerie_bel is offline

Default Unexplained space below a heading in a 2 column doc...

Hi - we are having a problem with a document at work. It is set out in 2
columns. Below one of the headings we have made, there is an unexplained
space below it. The heading is about halfway down column 1 and the text below
it cannot be moved beneath it for some reason - it begins in col. 2. Whenever
we try to move the subtext, the heading jumps over to the top of Col. 2.

We have checked for the obvious things - "Keep with Next", column breaks,
paragraph spacing. We've run out of ideas. We tried removing all formatting
(in the Edit menu) from all the text to see if it would make a difference but
it has not. That heading is behaving really strangely.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as this document looks quite
unprofessional with this huge white space in it!

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hard to tell from this distance. Send me a copy of the document if you like
and I will see if I can tell what is the reason.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP