Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
David Cleave David Cleave is offline

Default Row Heights in Word 2007

I have two separate questions regarding row heights in Word 2007:

1) Why can I not specify row heights when creating a table style? The
options are greyed out. I find this bizarre and frustrating.

2) I'm confused about the interrelation between the table style and the
style of the text within it. I have a table with text inside set as 'Normal'.
'Normal' has space after it, and sure enough, each row in the table has space
underneath the text. However, the paragraph settings of the table style
specify no space after.

If I want text in the table with no space after, do I need to create a new
paragraph style as well as this table style?

Thanks

David
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Note that table styles are buggy (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html).

Instead, it will be easier to create an example table with the desired
formatting and save it as an AutoText entry. You can specify the desired row
height and apply the desired styles to cells of the example table.

And, yes, I would use a specific style to create spacing below the table,
whenever needed.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP