Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Screed Screed is offline

Default What is the correct formula symbol

for subtraction. I have inserted with Developer Legacy Tools and
formated a Content Control in Numberic and choses caculate on
exit to enter numbers and a Calculating Content Control in another
colum that needs to Subtract number in two other hoizontal cells.

What is the correct formula for subtraction in a Word Table?
I have tried =SUM(D2-C2) to no progress. and how do I see my
Cell References (Colum A B C and Row 1 2 3) for example. Currently
I can only gues my Cell Addresses.
Thanks Screed
--
Screed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Screed,

To subtract C2 from D2 all you need is a field coded as {=D2-C2}
where the field braces (ie '{}') are created as a pair via Ctrl-F9.

For more information on calculations in Word, check
out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
These documents also include a macro for returning the cell address.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Screed" .(donotspam) wrote in message ...
for subtraction. I have inserted with Developer Legacy Tools and
formated a Content Control in Numberic and choses caculate on
exit to enter numbers and a Calculating Content Control in another
colum that needs to Subtract number in two other hoizontal cells.

What is the correct formula for subtraction in a Word Table?
I have tried =SUM(D2-C2) to no progress. and how do I see my
Cell References (Colum A B C and Row 1 2 3) for example. Currently
I can only gues my Cell Addresses.
Thanks Screed
--
Screed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Screed Screed is offline

Oh, my goodness. I've tried Help and my Textbook and they must think
someone would already know this basic thing. Hey, I'm sorry I repeated
my question on the board, I couldnt see this one I posted yest so I thougt
it was gone, but the newer question also asks,

How do I see my Cell Addressess in my Word table inserted in a Word table?
Thanks so so much, Chris Have a great Day
--
Screed

"Screed" wrote:

for subtraction. I have inserted with Developer Legacy Tools and
formated a Content Control in Numberic and choses caculate on
exit to enter numbers and a Calculating Content Control in another
colum that needs to Subtract number in two other hoizontal cells.

What is the correct formula for subtraction in a Word Table?
I have tried =SUM(D2-C2) to no progress. and how do I see my
Cell References (Colum A B C and Row 1 2 3) for example. Currently
I can only gues my Cell Addresses.
Thanks Screed
--
Screed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Since you're using Word 2007, this may not work, but you might try the
macros available from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm