Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Dee Dee is offline

Default Row question

I have a form that I am leaving a large row to make comment. However, when I
start typing the row expands and keeps getting bigger even though there is
still room in the row. I set the row to "exactly" a pt height which worked
but if you kept typing the row would not expend and the text wouldn't show.
Is there a way to make a column only expand when you get t the end of the row
and only then expand. I am using Word 2003

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dee
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

How did you make it large? By inserting paragraph returns?

If you don't do anything with it, it will just expand to accommodate the
text and nothing more.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Dee" wrote in message
I have a form that I am leaving a large row to make comment. However, when
start typing the row expands and keeps getting bigger even though there is
still room in the row. I set the row to "exactly" a pt height which worked
but if you kept typing the row would not expend and the text wouldn't
show.
Is there a way to make a column only expand when you get t the end of the
row
and only then expand. I am using Word 2003

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Instead of setting the row height to "Exactly," set it to "At least" (on the
Row tab of Table | Table Properties) and specify the desired minimum height.
Then the row will expand when necessary.

Note, however, that a common way to design a form document is to use a fixed
height on the table rows; this prevents the form from resizing (and messing
up your layout).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dee" wrote in message
I have a form that I am leaving a large row to make comment. However, when
start typing the row expands and keeps getting bigger even though there is
still room in the row. I set the row to "exactly" a pt height which worked
but if you kept typing the row would not expend and the text wouldn't
show.
Is there a way to make a column only expand when you get t the end of the
row
and only then expand. I am using Word 2003

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dee

Another TOA Question automandc Formatting Long Documents 0 March 13th 07 04:48 AM
Second Question, sorry!! BK New Users 2 January 9th 07 01:43 PM
.wbk question Graham Mayor Microsoft Word Help 2 January 25th 06 11:26 PM
Question about Ref Joe Cilinceon Mailmerge 2 November 29th 05 03:10 AM
XML question FCS Page Layout 1 March 24th 05 05:03 PM