Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
old dog old dog is offline

Default recover deleted files from recent documents

I don't know what I did or how I did it! I was moving files into folders
(organizing) and apparantly deleted a folder with several files. I found
several files in Recent Documents but can't open any of them and get this
message: "The item--------doc. that this short cut refers to has been changed
or moved, so this short cut will no longer work properly"
I don't remember using a "short cut" - what have I done and can I fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have moved files, the shortcuts in Recent Documents (and at the
bottom of Word's file menu) will no longer work because the path has
changed. You'll have to instead navigate directly to the new location.