Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BK BK is offline

Default Aligning non-decimal data in a table

How do I align the numbers in the following table?

1512+6155 at
555+866 b
3788+4466 a
12512+55512 c

I need to align this set of data to look as follows:

1512+6155 at
555+866 b
3788+4466 a
12512+55512 c

I can left align or right align when I have the same number of characters,
but I struggle finding a solution when I need to align in 2 different places.
In the particular example, I need to align the +'s and the letter characters.

Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

A decimal tab stop will align the first group at the + sign. You can then
set a specific left (or right, as appropriate) tab stop for the letters. For
that you'll have to insert a tab character (Ctrl+Tab), and you will probably
find that doing that makes it necessary to insert a tab character at the
beginning of each cell as well. (As long as you don't use any other tab
stops, a decimal tab stop will automatically align cell contents without
need for a tab character.)

"BK" wrote in message
How do I align the numbers in the following table?

1512+6155 at
555+866 b
3788+4466 a
12512+55512 c

I need to align this set of data to look as follows:

1512+6155 at
555+866 b
3788+4466 a
12512+55512 c

I can left align or right align when I have the same number of characters,
but I struggle finding a solution when I need to align in 2 different
places.
In the particular example, I need to align the +'s and the letter
characters.

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BK BK is offline

Thanks Suzanne,
Your suggestions were very helpful. I appreciate your careful instructions.

BK