Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Moss Moss is offline

Default How to move text backwards into cells?

I have a table set up for an alphabetical mailing list of many addresses. As
I have sent the labled mail I've gotten back some cards saying return to
sender. Now that I have removed the entry from the list I have a blank space
and want to keep everything in order but fill in the empty cells ( I do not
want to waste lables when I print the list). How do I move everything up
without moving each cell individually?

Thanks,
Moss
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Delete the row that is now empty. Or, as it sounds like you just typed the
addresses into the label format and were not using mailmerge,
see "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

and then use mailmerge to create the labels. If necessary, see the article
"Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" also on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Moss" wrote in message
I have a table set up for an alphabetical mailing list of many addresses.
As
I have sent the labled mail I've gotten back some cards saying return to
sender. Now that I have removed the entry from the list I have a blank
space
and want to keep everything in order but fill in the empty cells ( I do
not
want to waste lables when I print the list). How do I move everything up
without moving each cell individually?

Thanks,
Moss

Cursor won't move in table cells Dan Tables 2 June 5th 07 01:21 PM
cells move calla0108lily Tables 1 April 24th 07 09:36 AM
Move Cells Down Evan Tables 3 February 28th 07 09:46 PM
typing text for iron on transfer text is backwards clab Microsoft Word Help 3 January 26th 07 05:03 PM
When I type my sentences they move backwards. Why? maillady Microsoft Word Help 2 March 1st 05 11:09 PM