Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kelpie kelpie is offline

Default Prevent user resize table

How do I do too prevent user to resize a table?
I have a template were users have to insert text. Sometimes they use "enter"
and then they move down rest of the dokument.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

kelpie wrote:
How do I do too prevent user to resize a table?
I have a template were users have to insert text. Sometimes they use
"enter" and then they move down rest of the dokument.

First, select the table and click Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width. That
prevents the columns from expanding the width.

Then, with the whole table selected, go to Table Table Properties Row.
Check the box for "Specify height". Set the amount of vertical space you
want to allow, and change the right-hand dropdown to "Exactly".

If users insert more text than will fit in a cell, or press Enter too many
times, the extra text will just disappear below the bottom of the cell. It
will really still be in the document, just not visible.

Also, unless the document is protected for forms or for comments, the users
will be able to drag the table's borders to change the cell size. They would
have to do that deliberately, though.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman