Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Michele Michele is offline

Default Lines appear to have different weights

Hey,

I'm working on a table that has been converted from .pdf using AbbyFine 8.0
to MS Word. I have checked the table to be sure that the shading was changed
from "white" to "no fill". I have removed all my borders, changed the line
weight to 1/2, highlighted my entire table and applied the border around all
of the cells. Afterwards, I removed the few lines that I don't want.

My problem is when I create the .pdf (using Adobe 8.0 standard and the print
quality and setting at 600dpi to resolve other issues with the lines on
tables appearing and disappearing depending on the view percentage) only the
heading section of my table has line weights that are noticeably different.

I am optimistic that there is a "fix" or correction for my methods that will
allow these table lines to be uniform.

Thank you,
--
Michele
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

I have noticed this as well in the past, at the time I put it down to the
Header Row of the table included Bold formatting and this "confused" the
conversion.
I either took of the Bold or increased the line weight for the whole table
to 1pt, which seemed to correct the problem.

Is this document going out for professional printing? Because 600dpi is
quite high, have you tried lower settings?
Best of luck
DeanH