Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
idiotprogrammer idiotprogrammer is offline

Default Office 2007 fonts readable in PDF by non-Office users?

Hi, there, I'm producing a user manual in Office 2007 using the Office
2007 fonts (Constantia, etc). I downloaded Microsoft's Save as PDF
plugin.

I was wondering. If I send the pdf to our clients (who do not have
Office 2007), will they be able to view it properly? The only thing I
can assume is that they have Adobe Acrobat, perhaps not even that
(it's a guide to installing something on Unix).

If it doesn't, what would be a good safe font to use?

Thanks for your help.

Robert Nagle
Houston, Texas
http://www.imaginaryplanet.net/weblogs/idiotprogrammer/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Setting the PDF options to include
ISO 19005-1 compliant (PDF/A)
should embed the fonts - otherwise use Times New Roman and Arial which
everyone should have.