Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cynwalker cynwalker is offline

Default Heading 4 does not number correctly in Word 2007

Heading 4 does not number correctly in Word 2007. When I try to update it
using numbering/set number value/continue from previous list/advance value
the value appears to be correct but it previews wrong. When you change the
numbers it is out of order and won't allow me to set the second number higher
where it needs to be. For example 14.4.4.1 comes up as 14.1.4.1 and I can't
fix it, is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Verify that the settings of the multilevel list are correct: Place the
insertion point in a Heading 1 paragraph (assuming that Heading 1 is the
top-level style of your list), click Multilevel List on the Home tab of the
ribbon, and then click Define New Multilevel List. For level 4, clear the
contents of the "Enter formatting for number" box. Then re-insert each
previous level (from the "Include level number from" box), type the
separators, and add the current level number (from the "Number style for
this level" box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP