Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John2502 John2502 is offline

Default Updating "figure reference" in a document

I've created a training guide that contains a number of graphics which I have
labelled as figure 1, figure 2, etc... I used Insert / Reference / Caption
for each figure so the numbering will automatically adjust whenever one is
added or deleted. In referring to each figure, the text of the document
contains the following; see figure xx.
Is there a way to automate/link this text statement so that it will update
whenever a figure is added or deleted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen Jen is offline

Trying to remember...I believe they update automatically, but you can always
select and click F9 to update.

"John2502" wrote:

I've created a training guide that contains a number of graphics which I have
labelled as figure 1, figure 2, etc... I used Insert / Reference / Caption
for each figure so the numbering will automatically adjust whenever one is
added or deleted. In referring to each figure, the text of the document
contains the following; see figure xx.
Is there a way to automate/link this text statement so that it will update
whenever a figure is added or deleted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You can always select the whole document (Ctrl+A) then F9, this will do all
your captions, references, and any tables as well, in one go.
DeanH

"John2502" wrote:

Cool. Thanks for your help.

"John2502" wrote:

I've created a training guide that contains a number of graphics which I have
labelled as figure 1, figure 2, etc... I used Insert / Reference / Caption
for each figure so the numbering will automatically adjust whenever one is
added or deleted. In referring to each figure, the text of the document
contains the following; see figure xx.
Is there a way to automate/link this text statement so that it will update
whenever a figure is added or deleted?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John2502 John2502 is offline

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

"DeanH" wrote:

You can always select the whole document (Ctrl+A) then F9, this will do all
your captions, references, and any tables as well, in one go.
DeanH

"John2502" wrote:

Cool. Thanks for your help.